Wed, Oct 04|
Intro to Foundation Paper Piecing
Dip your toes into FPP (Foundation Paper Piecing). Great for beginners or a refresher for those wanting to explore more FPP projects.
Time & Location
Oct 04, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Ashburn, #130-135, 44933 George Washington Blvd, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
About the event
Discover the art of Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP) in this workshop designed to demystify the process. Foundation Paper Piecing is a technique that allows you to achieve intricate and precise quilt blocks with ease, resulting in stunning and visually captivating designs. Join us and learn how to confidently create beautifully pieced quilt blocks.
In this class students will:
- Gain a clear understanding of what Foundation Paper Piecing entails, including the tools, materials, and terminology associated with this technique.
- Follow a step-by-step walkthrough of the Foundation Paper Piecing process, from cutting and organizing fabric pieces to sewing them onto the foundation paper.
- Explore strategies for preparing and cutting fabric pieces with precision.
- Learn common troubleshooting techniques and gain valuable tips for overcoming challenges that may arise during the FPP process.
We will use Carolyn Friedlander’s Lusk pattern to make a small wall hanging or pillow. The goal of this class is to learn the basics of foundation paper piecing (FPP) and leave with the knowledge to use this technique in future projects and more advanced projects.
Date: Wednesday October 4, 2023; 6:30-9:30pm
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate>>refer to skill level guide
Must know how to....
- Use rotary cutter and ruler
- Use a sewing machine
- Sew a straight line
- Some materials not included (get 10% off when purchased in-store)
- List and homework is found in email when registered
- We provide the sewing machine!
INSTRUCTOR: Ms. Tanna @tannamade on IG
+$1.90 service fee
Oct 01, 9:00 PM
This ticket includes the pattern
+$1.90 service fee0