Sat, Aug 26|
Bootcamp: Intro To Garment Sewing
The perfect class for beginner garment makers, this class will have you walking away with a comfy new pair of sleep shorts.
Time & Location
Aug 26, 2023, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Sew Magarbo, 44933 George Washington Blvd #130-135, Ashburn, VA 20147, USA
About the event
The Sleep Shorts Sewing Class is a beginner-level, sewing workshop designed specifically for new garment makers. This engaging and interactive class aims to introduce the art of garment construction while focusing on creating a stylish and comfortable pair of gathered waist shorts. Whether the participants have prior sewing experience or are complete beginners, this class offers step-by-step guidance to ensure successful and enjoyable learning.
- Understanding Patterns: Students will be introduced to the concept of sewing patterns, how to read them, and apply them to create a pair of gathered waist shorts.
- Identifying sewing tools: Students will learn to identify and use some of the basic sewing tools
- Garment Construction: Participants will learn how to cut fabric based on the pattern, stitch seams, and assemble the gathered waist shorts step-by-step.
- Elastic Waistband: Students will master the technique of creating a comfortable and well-fitted elastic waistband for the shorts.
- Finishing Techniques: The class will cover essential finishing techniques, including hemming and neatening seams, to give the final shorts a polished and professional look.
- Troubleshooting: Throughout the course, participants will be encouraged to ask questions and seek guidance from the instructor to overcome any sewing challenges they may encounter.
*Students should be comfortable using a sewing machine without assistance or have taken our Sewing Machine Basics class.
Join us for the beginner Sleep Shorts Sewing Class and empower yourself with a valuable skill that opens the doors to endless creative possibilities in the world of fashion and sewing! At the end of the course, each participant will proudly take home a self-made pair of sleep shorts, perfect for showing off their newly acquired sewing prowess.
Saturday, August 26, 2023; 12:00-4:00pm
- Details and homework found in email when registered (Please support our small business and receive a 10% discount on class supplies). Purchasing from Sew Magarbo also ensures correct supply purchases.
- Sewing Machine is provided!
- Please note: supplies must be purchased, and homework must be completed, PRIOR to class time.
Beginner - Confident Beginner -> refer to skill level guide
- Ticket type
Bootcamp: Garment Sewing IntroPrice$199.00
+$4.98 service fee+$4.98 service feeSale ended