Fri, Oct 21|
Sewcial Escape 2022
It's a retreat, It's a getaway, It's an escape. Call it whatever, but this weekend will be all about you and sewing, uninterrupted.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2022, 5:00 PM EDT – Oct 23, 2022, 12:00 PM EDT
Leesburg, 18665 NCC Ring Dr, Leesburg, VA 20176, USA
About the event
WHAT IS IT?
It's a "sew-your-own" RETREAT where you can finally work on your UFOs uninterrupted, or perhaps start a new one.
*subject to change for more fun
- Swag Bags
- Sewcial Swap
- Meet the Misters/Missus
- Benchwork Time with Paolo
- Sew Magarbo DeStash Booth
- Top of the Hour Tricks and Techniques
- Pajama Party
- Sew much more.....
· Each single occupancy standard guestroom features a private bath, flat screen HD TV, a large desk, telephone with voice mail and complimentary local calls, an alarm clock radio, complimentary high-speed wireless access, iron with ironing board, hairdryer and coffee maker.
· All guestrooms feature pillow-top mattresses with luxury linens.
· Guestrooms are centered around a common area to encourage interaction among other escape attendees.
WORKSHOP AND SEWING FACILITIES
· Each sewing room is available on a 24-hour basis during the retreat. There is 24-hour onsite security with roving patrol of the facility and grounds. Your room key will provide access to the designated sewing area during the times that the room is locked as a security measure.
· You have access to the Fitness Center, located on-site and have access to complimentary on-site covered parking (first come, first served basis).
· Our sewing area is selected for the size of the anticipated "escapees". The seating layout of the room is chosen to allow for each participant to have their own 5-foot classroom table to accommodate their sewing machine and an adjacent workspace. Each participant will also be provided with an ergonomic steel-case roller chair with arms at their sewing area.
· Lighting, climate control, ample ventilation and sound levels can be adjusted from within most rooms.
· We will have cutting and ironing stations. We are not sure if the amps for the sewing area can handle lots of mini irons.... but just in case, bring your minis.
· All meeting rooms are handicapped accessible.
· Sewing rooms are cleaned daily. Cleaning staff, Sew Magarbo and the retreat committee
is not responsible for the accidental disposal of any property that is not contained or maintained by the attendees.
DINING FACILITIES AND SNACK ACCOMMODATIONS
· Cost includes Friday's Dinner, Saturday's Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Sunday's Breakfast and Lunch.
· Our Open-Buffet includes an extensive variety of hot and cold options, healthy start and vegetarian entrees, desserts and much more.
· Arrangements are available for individuals with special dietary needs, upon prior request. Please put in the "notes" section of your sign up page and include any special dietary needs that you may require.
· All participants have access to unlimited break stations located outside the conference rooms. The break stations are open during normal business hours and include snacks, hot and cold drinks.
· Fitness Center – facilities include standard cardio equipment including treadmills, stair climbers and recumbent bikes, Nautilus strength-training circuit, free weights and a Yoga room
· Shuttle Service – Please call our studio to arrange.
· Complimentary parking is available for every participant. A limited space multi-floor parking garage is convenient to the main entrance of the facility. Valet parking is available with advance arrangements.
+$22.48 service fee
Early bird special pricing good until Aug. 15, 2022/12am
+$22.48 service fee
Sewing Escape 2022